The woodwork in your Cambridge home needs to be updated and you are wondering how you can go about finding the right carpenter for the job. There are many carpenters in and around the city but the quality of their work is not always very good. Home improvements are expensive and you want everything to be done perfectly so it is important that you choose a carpenter carefully. Here is what you should consider:
• What kind of work do you want done and how do you want it to be done? This is important because it will help you choose a carpenter who has the right kills and experience for it. Make sure that they have been in business a long time – good carpentry is not something that is learnt over the course of one or two years.
• Ask the carpenter to give you 3 references from jobs that they have done in the past year. When you call ask the homeowners if they are happy with the work and whether they would hire the same carpentry service again.
• Good carpenters have miniature samples of their finished work. Ask to see these so that you can get an idea of what your completed project will be like.
• It is important to sign an airtight contract before the project starts. Let it indicate in detail what you will be paying as well as how long the carpenter will take. It should also state what happens in case they fail to finish on time.
• Many times homeowners are stuck with cleaning up after carpentry jobs because they hire carpenters who don’t clean up after themselves – find yourself one who does.
One who comes highly recommended is ALN Carpentry and Joinery Ltd. They do very high quality bespoke work and you can rely on them to finish your project masterfully.