Anyone with a desire to learn something new, especially in the form of a hobby or career, should be able to find at least one website that can teach them how. There are an overwhelming number of websites out there teaching various topics from art and science to business and entrepreneurship. It’s hard for any one person or website to offer all the different types of knowledge out there, so we’re going with what we think is the best combination that will provide people with amazing sources of information.
When it comes to learning how to code, hiring managers will often ask you how you learned how if you don’t have any experience. This can be very challenging because it’s hard to know how to answer that question effectively and it’s even harder when your honest response isn’t technically accurate. If a manager asks you what websites you used for learning about programming and technology, there are many different options for their consideration. In no particular order, here are the best websites for learning something new:
- Udacity – Udacity is a good place to start for anyone looking to learn how to code. It offers several different courses from web development and computer science, as well as data science. In addition to being able to learn from a fully interactive website, you can also participate in both group and private discussions if you so choose.
- Coursera – Coursera is a very popular website offering courses on Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Machine Learning and AI concepts. Coursera is also a platform on which you can learn from prestigious universities like Stanford and MIT.
- The Khan Academy – The Khan Academy is an extremely popular website that offers free online lessons that are from some of the top universities in the country, including Princeton and MIT. The site has a wide variety of lessons on a wide range of subjects.
- Lynda – Lynda is a great resource for learning various disciplines, including Business Management and Programming.
- Udemy – Udemy is great place to learn new programming languages, including PHP, Python and Ruby. Along with the interactive website, you can also participate in chat rooms if you so choose.
- Adobe – Part of Adobe’s Creative Cloud subscription, Access It is a great place to learn from some of the best names in the industry.
- Khan Academy – One of our top picks for best free websites to learn something new, Khan Academy also has paid courses available for purchase with full video and text transcripts on topics like Statistics, Machine Learning and Data Science.
- StackExchange – The Stack Exchange community is used by people in all different kinds of careers and fields. The goal is to provide answers and information for everything from computer programming to law, medicine and cooking.
- Behance – This is a great website for creative individuals to learn from others in their field of interest. You can sign up for classes and seminars on topics like Photography and Graphic Design, or you can just browse the site to see what’s already been posted.
- 99Designs – 99Designs is another great community where people of all skill levels come together in order to learn designer tips and tricks. You’ll find a range of topics from UX and Graphic Design, as well as Marketing and Advertising.
- Lynda – This website is another great place to learn business skills, including Social Media Marketing and Internet Marketing.