Wooden casement windows are windows that are designed to open like doors – they are mounted on side hinges and open outwards. Although in the UK most homeowners prefer box sash windows, there are others who understand the benefits of casement windows. Read on to find out:
• Wooden casement windows can be customized into any design that you want. You can make intricate or simple designs on the wood, or you can leave it plain and paint it a great color.
• Wooden casement windows are rated A+ for energy efficiency. What this means for you is that your home will be more comfortable, and you will also pay less in utility bills.
• These windows are very easy to open and close. In fact, they are so easy to use that many elderly homes install them.
• These windows are great for ventilation since they open all the way. This makes them an excellent option for homes that get very hot in the summer. Since they open from top to bottom they also let in lots of light into any room where they are installed.
• Casement windows can be made to measure. It doesn’t matter the size of window that you have – so long as you work with the right vendor they will be able to design a window that fits.
• You can use casement windows to make your home more secure since you can install window locks.
• You can design the glass on casement windows making your home look even more unique.
Now that you know the benefits of wooden casement windows you should find a vendor to install yours for you. One of the best is Salmons Bros. Limited. They are based in Cambridge and are excellent at what they do.